To Sugarloaf Medical Patients:
Fortunately, our office has the Emergency Use COVID-19 vaccinations available to our patients aged 65 years and older and others that qualify under the vaccine rollout phase 1A+. We are attempting to schedule all of our patients who fit those criterion. In order to receive the vaccine from our office, we need you to contact us through your patient portal or by emailing us at COVID@sugarloafmedical.com, expressing your readiness and interest. In response, someone from our scheduling department will be in contact with you.
- You must not have received the COVID vaccine from any other source. Our office can only schedule those patients who still need both doses of the vaccine.
- You cannot have tested positive for COVID-19 within 90 days of your scheduled appointment.
- You cannot have received any other vaccine within 2 weeks of your scheduled appointment.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding please contact your OBGYN to receive your COVID-19 Vaccine.
- We are not in control of, and cannot control, which COVID19 vaccine we have access to, Moderna nor Pfizer. The important thing to note, is that receiving your vaccine as soon as possible is the priority.
- You must be able to commit to the second appointment date and time that we provide in order to receive your first vaccine dose. This is an unavoidable procedural necessity to assure your complete vaccination.
- Please print and prepare the COVID-19 CONSENT FORM: DOWNLOAD CONSENT FORM
- Please come inside the lobby at your appointment time. If you arrive early, please wait in your car. This will keep our lobby socially distanced.
- Please wear a mask and check in with our front desk where your temperature will be taken.
- If you have been experiencing any symptoms associated with COVID-19, such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath OR you have recently been exposed to a known COVID-19 positive person, please advise our staff immediately in order to reschedule your appointment.
- Please have your ID and Insurance card out for verification purposes.
- We will provide an appointment reminder sheet at your first dose check in.
- Please review the fact sheets for the Moderna and Pfizer
We appreciate and care about all of our patients and hope that you can bear with us should you encounter any delays or inconvenience that the vaccine inoculation process presents to you. These are unprecedented times and our entire staff is diligently working to assure your health and safety.
Your Family at Sugarloaf Medical P.C.
CRITERIA – Vaccines are currently available for individuals that fall under Phase 1A criteria:
- Healthcare workers including nurses, physicians, EMS, Laboratory technicians, environmental services.
- Long-term care facilities staff and residents
- Adults 65+
- Law enforcement, fire personnel (including volunteer fire departments), dispatchers, 9-1-1 operators.
Which Vaccine will be administered in our office-
- The Moderna COVID-19 vaccine was approved by the FDA for Emergency Use Authorization to prevent Coronavirus Disease 2019 caused by SARS-CoV-2 for individuals 18 years of age and older.
- The Moderna COVID-19 vaccine is given as a 2-dose series 28 days apart.
- Please read the Moderna Fact Sheet by visiting: Fact Sheet
- The FAQ for Moderna can be found by visiting: FDA FAQ’s
- Appointment Options:
- Q: Can I still get the vaccine if I have had COVID-19 in the past:
A: If you were diagnosed with COVID-19, please wait a period of 90 days before you get the vaccine.
- Q: How much is the cost to be vaccinated:
A:According to the CDC, vaccine given to patients are at no cost, however your healthcare provider may charge an administration fee when billing it to your insurance. Patient’s without any insurance are still able to get the vaccine at no cost, however an administration fee may apply.
- Q: Do I have to live in Gwinnett Country to get the vaccine:
A:No you do not have to live in Gwinnett County to receive the vaccine, any individual residing in Georgia that falls under the phase 1a criteria is able to get the vaccine